Tuesday, June 14, 2005

RealClimate � Betting on climate change

RealClimate � Betting on climate change

Just in case anyone coming here didn't do it via the RealClimate site, my article "Betting on Climate Change" is now published at the above address. I'll reply to comments there, but as Brian Schmidt noticed right away, I wrote 0.3+-0.1C/decade over the next 20 years but of course meant 0.3+-0.1C in total over the next 20 years (eg see here)...so much for proof reading. I hope it doesn't distract too much from the main point, although no doubt the sceptics will pick up on it and try to bet against 0.3C/decade. Ho hum. Oh, I see Chip Knappenburger won't even go that far, but wants a mid-market rate of 0.325C/decade. Some sceptic.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Thanks for clarifying the .3 C point - probably should've just emailed you.

BTW, I posted to Bahner's website that you've accepted his CO2 bet, since he seems to have disappeared from other dialogues.

Brian said...

Bahner has finally acknowledged you two have a bet:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=161#comment-2540

I claim partial credit for an assist by needling him to acknowledge the bet (others also helped).